Saturday, May 2, 2009

Even after 16 years my paint still looks amazing

I'm not a person who is super picky about detailing a car, but I have to say that every time I wax my FD with Zaino I am impressed with how deep my 16 year old black paint looks. Just spent some time on the paint the past couple of days since it was in the garage getting oily fingerprints all over it all winter. It needed the TLC...bad. So a couple of coats of wax later, these are the results. (Click on the pictures for full 1600x1200 resolution.)






And an updated shot of the engine bay since the battery relocation. It looks much cleaner now.

4 comments:

Vince said...

Spanking new cool man...
What wax are you using?

0110mp said...

Thanks.

Right now it has one coat of Zaino Z5 and two coats of Zaino Z2 on it.

Vince said...

Oh... It is Zaino..... Thanks.
Should be good. But does it work hand in hand with turtle wax (ICE) Paste? I still have a lot.

0110mp said...

I am not sure if Zaino works hand in hand with other waxes. I know that when I first applied it, I followed their instructions which consisted of washing it with Dawn soap, claybar with their lubricant, washing it again, then applying the first coats of wax.