Saturday, April 18, 2009

Looking to pick up an NSX.

I have been browsing and researching the NSX for a couple of months now. This week I decided that I am going to buy one in the next couple of weeks if I can. I am keeping the RX-7's, but need something a bit more docile yet still fun to drive everyday and it seems the NSX fits the bill perfectly. They are rare, quick, extremely fun to drive, and reliable with good gas mileage. What else could you want out of a daily driver (other than more room)?

I am looking for a 91-94 with under 100k miles (preferably under 75k miles, but under 100k will do). I have looked at a few in the past couple of weeks...all red though. The one I looked at yesterday is the one that I like the most at the moment because it actually has black interior, only 64k miles, and a well known service history. At the end of the day, this will definitely do and I am seriously contemplating buying it. However, I feel like I should hold out for a silver car.

I absolutely love the way the NSX looks in red with a black roof and black wheels (like the one pictured below), but I never saw myself buying a red car.



I have owned a silver FD RX-7, silver 350Z, and have a silver FB RX-7...so maybe silver is getting too played out. I also have a black FD RX-7 and since the RX-7 and NSX look pretty similar, I'm not sure if a black NSX would be the best choice even though they do look sick. Of the NSX's the colors I would choose (in order) would be silver, black, then red and green tied. But since only 29 green/black cars were made in '94 only, my chances of finding one are slim to none.

Maybe red is my best option...I guess we will see.

No comments: